We’ve all been there. Convinced that someone’s words were truthful only to find out later that they were not. In the list before you I have attempted to assemble some good examples. If you think of a few of your own – send me a comment.
- You look great in bike shorts.
- I’m telling you – I never got your voice mail.
- Your daughter plays one mean tuba.
- I think your breath smells fine.
- Your kids were such a pleasure to babysit.
- I absolutely love your reverse mohawk.
- That’s a cute rat.
- You make a mean haggis.
- I really think someone at Madison Square Garden will return your iPhone.
- Those fingerless gloves are AWESOME!
- You drive a Yugo – what a classic!
- Trust me. I didn’t even notice your cold sore.
- Your accountant is a hoot!
- The answer is yes – capri pants DO look good on a man!
- Keep those knock-knock jokes coming!
Want to have a few more laughs about lies? Check out these books:
Ketchup Is a Vegetable: And Other Lies Moms Tell Themselves – written by Robin O’Bryant. Catch her on twitter @robinobryant